One Little Finger Global Foundation, a Social Enterprise Foundation, aims to involve the mass in global awareness and social causes.
The purpose of the foundation is to relieve the poor and underprivileged through the advancement of education, media, and research. The goal is to improve the communities by bringing them together through community services, media initiatives, and skills-development. Our research seeks to find early intervention methods to improve mental health, autism, and the well-being of persons with disabilities. Our education and media initiatives aim to create literature, film, and music for social causes, such as peace, ability in disability. We strive to unlock the potential inside every individual and by generating ideas at the grassroots level.
The theme of One Little Finger film is Ability in Disability, which aims to promote inclusion and diversity.
Some facts about disability:
- Over a billion people live with some form of disability. This corresponds to about 15% of the world’s population. e.g., 18% of people are disabled in England*. Disability is a human rights issue. People are disabled by society, not just by their bodies.
- One child in twenty is disabled, but physical disability is not a chance, unfortunate occurrence; it is part of the human life cycle. The statistical probability that a portion of every life will be lived with a disability pertains to everyone.
- Music can alter the landscape of the brain because music is proven to grow neural pathways and reorganize the brain. Different types of music and sound vibrations could cause radically different responses impacting societal and cognitive development.
- 38% of people believe disabled people are a burden on society.
- Nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of people have admitted they avoid disabled people because they don’t know how to act around them.
- One hundred and eighty disability hate crimes are committed every day in Western countries.
- Physical disability is defined as when a person’s physical functioning, mobility, dexterity, or stamina is limited. People with physical disabilities make up the largest minority group in the US.
- In the US, about 74.6 million people have some physical disability.
- Of today’s 20 year-olds, just over 1 in 4 will become disabled before they retire.
- Create an Educational platform to provide skills-based training, curriculum, workshops, career development forums working with organizations and school districts.
- Take initiatives, counsel, and guide the talented people in the creative areas of arts, culture, literature, music, and entrepreneurship.
- Scientific Research in the areas of Music Therapy, Neuroscience, and Autism, etc.
Support our projects: Donate